7400 Ponderosa Rd Perrysburg,
- Phone: (419) 662-5256
- Fax: (419) 662-8225
About Lako Tool and Manufacturing
LAKO TOOL & Manufacturing, Inc. is an American manufacturer of the world's finest seal jaws, knives, rotary seal modules and ultrasonic sealing component integration. Lako has been serving the flexible packaging industry since 1981 with innovative sealing, cutting and punching solutions on VFFS vertical baggers, HFFS flow wrappers, pouch sealing and filling equipment.
LAKO’s unique patented systems include the MSD Quick Change seal Jaws for both vertical baggers and horizontal flow wrappers and can be utilized with Hot or Cold seal film properties. Combined with the “EZ Align” system LAKO helps companies reduce downtime, eliminate seal jaw alignment issues, quicker changeovers, and increase throughput on the machinery.
LAKO also offers testing in our Lab for different film structures, often recommending different or unique seal profiles for the sealing jaws. Packaging performance testing is also available including comprehensive reports for seal integrity, seal weakness, end seal reductions, and film testing.
LAKO provides technical support for poor seal integrity, seal jaw setup, line optimization, sealing issues with appearance (wrinkles, creases). In addition, Lako is a source for hands on training on site with standard setup procedures to help maintenance, operators, and engineers.
In addition to the MSD and PSD systems Lako offers a wide range of sealing, cutting and punching products which include: OEM Seal jaws, crimpers, modular HFFS head assemblies, knives, anvils, fin wheels, mechanical hole punch, heated hole punch, VFFS Carriage Assemblies, VFFS Seal Jaws, and seal drums.
Ultrasonic sealing technology is becoming well known as a reliable way to achieve today’s critical sustainability goals. Some of the Green benefits of ultrasonic sealing are:
- Compatible with most new recyclable and bio-based films
- Reduce film use (between 10-15% film savings on pillow bags)
- Reduce waste with the ability to seal through product contamination
- Seal through liquids like dairy products, egg products and oils as well as some solid materials such as lettuce, cheeses, and powders
- Reduce energy consumption with an on/off process and short seal times
- Increase product shelf life with tighter, more hermetic seals
This year, Lako will be introducing an industry first independent ultrasonic cross seal system which can enhance the performance of new and used VFFS baggers. The model UCS-20 makes ultrasonic cross seals economical and reliable.
Unlike existing VFFS machinery, the UCS-20 was designed to meet the demands of the ultrasonic sealing process. Its ultra-rigid design maintains perfect tooling alignment and the dedicated HMI accurately controls and monitors critical ultrasonic welding parameters such as seal time, seal energy, peak power, vibrational amplitude and frequency. Further, with its own independent servo-pneumatic clamp mechanism, tooling velocity and seal forces are precisely controlled. The user-friendly interface makes changing bag sizes and styles easy by storing limitless seal parameter recipes. And because the UCS-20 seal head was designed to fit within most current vertical baggers, many common parts can be used even within large fleets of baggers from a variety of suppliers.
With the industry’s highest level of expertise and the latest seal jaw designs as well as ultrasonic sealing technology, LAKO should be considered your go-to resource to achieve your sustainability goals.
- Beverage > Coffee
- Beverage > Dairy
- Beverage > Powdered beverages
- Beverage > Tea
- Beverage > Wine
- Food > Bakery/Snack
- Food > Cereals, Breakfast Foods
- Food > Confection/Candy
- Food > Dairy
- Food > Frozen/refrigerated foods
- Food > Fruits, Vegetables (Fresh, Canned, Frozen)
- Food > Grains, Seeds, Beans, Flour, Nuts
- Food > Ingredients
- Food > Meat/Poultry/Seafood
- Food > Pet Food/Pet Care
- Food > Prepared Foods
- Food > Soups/Condiments/Sauces/Spices/Dips/Dressings
- Household/Automotive > Detergents/cleaners
- Household/Automotive > Household/auto chemicals
- Household/Automotive > Tissues and paper towels
- Life Sciences/Pharma/Healthcare > Biological/Biopharmaceutical
- Life Sciences/Pharma/Healthcare > Cannabis products
- Life Sciences/Pharma/Healthcare > Medical/Dental Instruments or Supplies
- Life Sciences/Pharma/Healthcare > Nutraceutical, Vitamin, Dietary Supplement
- Life Sciences/Pharma/Healthcare > Pharmaceutical
- Other packaged products > Cannabis products
- Other packaged products > Pet Food/Pet Care
- Other packaged products > Textiles/Apparel/Footwear
- Other packaged products > Tobacco/Smoking Products
Create or Log in to My Show Planner to see My Notes.
- Direct Sales
- Joint Ventures
- Licensing Agreements
- Central America
- North America
- South America
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Sustainable Solution Description
New and recyclable materials often present unique sealing challenges. Whether the solution is a thermal process or requires ultrasonic technology, LAKO is a single source to find the correct sealing solution for any challenging materials (existing, new and recyclable). LAKO’s sealing expertise will assist companies in reaching their sustainability initiatives and goals. Ultrasonic sealing technology is becoming well known as a reliable way to achieve today’s critical sustainability goals. Some of the Green benefits of ultrasonic sealing are: • Compatible with most new recyclable and bio-based films • Reduce film use (between 10-15% film savings on pillow bags) • Reduce waste with the ability to seal through product contamination • Seal through liquids like dairy products, egg products and oils as well as some solid materials such as lettuce, cheeses, and powders • Reduce energy consumption with an on/off process and short seal times • Increase product shelf life with tighter, more hermetic seals